get help with info & pricing
Looking for a Job?
use our careers page for questions & info
Similar to Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy will also cover the following areas:
- Help you regain everyday living skills, such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and toileting
- Help you and your caregiver learn new or safer ways to manage household chores
- Help you choose and learn to use equipment you may need such as: bathroom safety devices, dressing aides, and feeding utensils
- Instruct you and your caregiver in safety and fall prevention
- Develop an exercise program to help you recover and maintain your independence/function
- Provide energy conservation techniques for improved activities of daily living
An occupational therapist specializes in rehabilitating the patient to resume normal activities of daily life and/or work. Refitting skills with the help of therapy or through the use of assistive devices that promote mobility can be included into the care program.